Jennifer Lopez Admits Her Divorce With Marc Antony Was 'Devastating'

WENNWENN

In front of the cameras Jennifer Lopez appeared to deal with the breakdown of her marriage rather well, but behind closed doors it was a very different story.

The 43-year-old star has revealed that she found her divorce from Marc Anthony 'devastating' due to the fact that they have two children together.

"I was going through a divorce and the breakup of a family, which was devastating to me because family means everything to me," Jennifer told Hollywood Life recently.

"I didn't want to be the woman who stayed in bed for months. I did do that a little, but I knew I had to get through it."

Following their split in July 2011, the singer/actress did her best to move on with her life, for the sake of their four-year-old twins Max and Emme, and decided to throw herself into her work.

"I had to turn the breakup into something better," she explained.

"I thought, 'I don't want to just survive it, I want to come out better.' "I had to figure out what I did wrong that I was in a relationship where I was accepting situations that weren't good for me. If you're allowing yourself to be in a bad relationship, you need to understand why," she explained.

In the end, it was Jennifer's hit single 'Dance Again' that perhaps brought her back to life after she begged Enrique Iglesias to let her have the song.

"I told him, 'That's my song' and finally, he gave in. 'Dance Again' became my anthem... an expression of what I needed to do at that time in my life and for what I was taking on with my career. It was a beautiful metaphor that became my reality."

Jennifer Lopez Admits Her Divorce With Marc Antony Was 'Devastating'Carly Rose Soneclar Stuns On X Factor USA Singing Justin Bieber and BeyonceRobert Pattinson And Kristen Stewart 'Split On Where To Get Married'

Comments