Glam Slam: J.Lo's Greatest Oscar Style Hits

"My style has changed very much since then," Jennifer Lopez says of her very first Academy Awards back in 1997, where she wore a beaded gown, tight curls and dark lipstick. She looked pretty, but since then, she's evolved into real red carpet style maven and we took her through a photo Fashion Flashback of her Oscar looks over the years.

In 2001, she wore a gorgeous one-shoulder gray Chanel gown, but did not realize the top was see-through! The show's producers ordered that she be shot only from the shoulders up!

PLAY IT NOW: Jennifer Lopezs Oscar Fashion Flashback

"We didn't even know on the red carpet," she says. "We knew more when we got inside and I was on camera and they were like, they noticed when the lights hit it and they kinda went to a close-up, I had no idea no I would have done something about it!"

In 2003, Jen rocked a mint green vintage Valentino gown, which had actually been worn by her style icon in 1967.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Oscar 2011: Red Carpet Stars

"The original was made for Jackie O, Jackie Onassis. I actually tried it on, believe it or not, in a fitting for 'Maid in Manhattan' and it wasn't right for the movie, but I was like, 'I'm gonna wear that dress,' and green is kinda my lucky color."

In 2007, Jennifer shined in a jewel-encrusted Marchesa. Originally shown in black on the runway, J.Lo had it made in a more show-stopping color--lilac.

"This dress honestly put me in traction for like three weeks," she says. "It was so heavy. Those chains were so heavy that when I took it off, literally my neck was stiff, just from trying to hold the chains up. But it was gorgeous and it had, I don't know, like 100 yards of material in the skirt."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Shes Still Just Jenny From The Block! Hot Shots Of Jennifer Lopez!

--Ryan Patterson

Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Jennifer Lopezs Loves Over The Years: On-Screen & Off!


Comments