'American Idol': Jeremy Rosado Calls Jennifer Lopez's Support a 'Huge Blessing'

Jeremy Rosado

Throughout Jeremy Rosados Season 11 American Idol journey, it was clear that his biggest fan was Jennifer Lopez.

But the Valrico, Fla., crooners version of Stevie Wonders "Ribbon in the Sky" wasnt enough to convince the other two judges, Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler, to put him through to the next round. It was Lopez who had to break the bad news that the judges elected to save Elise Testone over him.

Is this the end of a beautiful friendship? On a conference call with reporters the day after his elimination, THRs Idol Worship asked Rosado if a mentoring partnership with Lopez was in his future -- perhaps, even, a cameo on her new Fox reality show, Q'Viva!

"That would be awesome. I haven't heard anything at all, but I love her," Rosado, 19, said Friday. "I will forever be grateful to her for the way she fought for me. That would be awesome, with her helping me out in the future mentoring me in some type of way, but as of now I havent heard anything."

STORY: Jennifer Lopez Favorite Jeremy Rosado Gets The Boot

Rosado, who revealed he auditioned for Idol five times before finally making it to Hollywood, added that Lopezs interest was a "huge blessing." She told him following Thursday's results show that she wanted to keep him but was over-ruled, he said.

"Just to think that she saw something in me .. that was special to her," he told Idol Worship. "I honestly believe that it was just my heart. I laid my heart out on ! my sleev e every time I performed, and I know she felt it."

Although he was composed on stage, Rosado revealed that he became emotional afterward. "I cried and prayed, and called my mom, and saw my dad," he said, adding: "I'm still devastated but I'm recovering.

GALLERY: 'American Idol's' Season 11: Top 13 Finalists Red Carpet Interviews

This season's Mr. Congeniality holds no ill will toward Testone.

"Elise is amazing, she truly is fantastic, and compared to my performance, I guess Randy thought it was a little rough, and Jimmy (Iovine) as well," he said.

"I thought it was pretty good. I didnt think it was that bad, but she deserves it. I hate that it had to be me that got eliminated but at the same time from the bottom of my heart, I am so happy for her."

Other fun facts: his tongue was yellow during Hollywood Week because of cough drops; Colton Dixon, his roommate, is like a "big brother" to him; he frequently flew out to auditions with Florida resident and fellow contestant Shannon Magrane, whom he called one of his best friends, and feels a special kinship with Jessica Sanchez.

PHOTOS: 'American Idol' Season 11: Top 13 Finalists

"I am blessed to have met her, and blessed to be able to sing with here, and I know she is going to go far," he said of Sanchez, 16, who nailed Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" on Wednesday.

As for his future, he's open to making an album for the Latin market, getting a record deal, and maybe doing some TV projects.

One thing he doesnt want to do is return to his job as a receptionist in the disease control clinic. His immediate plans include appearances on Live With Kelly this Monday and the Today show on Tuesday.

"Maybe someone will reach out to me and well see what happens," he said.


Video streaming by Ustream



Comments