Nicki Minaj-Jennifer Lopez Feud Sparked on 'American Idol' Stage

Nicki Minaj Cash Money Records Red Carpet - P 2012

Amanda Edwards/Getty Images

Is a feud brewing between Nicki Minaj and Jennifer Lopez?

Following her performance of the dance-y single "Starships" on Thursday's results show, Minaj seized the moment to needle Jennifer Lopez, a fellow diva with an equally attention-getting wardrobe.

"I was hoping maybe I could come back and be a guest judge," Minaj declared from the stage, adding: "J-Lo, can you scoot over a little bit?"

To which Lopez, perky yet prim, shot back: "I don't know if there's enough room for both of us."

Minaj shrugged off Lopez's retort backstage.

"She didn't seem to be having it but she gonna have it!" she told THR, conceding: "No, actually, I love J-Lo. I love what she's done for pop culture I have nothing but respect for her and we were just joking around. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with them when I'm guest judging."

VIDEO: THR's 'Idol Hangover' Episode 4

Minaj, who drops her second studio album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, on April 3, recently met with Simon Cowell to discuss a potential gig judging X Factor, among other opportunities.

"Something like American Idol, it's iconic and has been around for so long and created so many stars," said Minaj. "I would love to (guest judge) but as far as sitting down every week, I can't."

Heejun Han, this season's Sanjaya-style jokester, was voted off Thursday, narrowing the field of Idol contenders to eight.

With additional reporting by THR music editor Shirley Halperin.



Comments