Jennifer Lopez stands by manager: 'Things can be taken out of context'

Jennifer Lopez arrives before the 84th Academy Awards

PA Images / Chris Pizzello/AP

Jennifer Lopez has suggested that her manager's recent comments about her love life were "taken out of context".

Benny Medina recently said that the American Idol judge should stop dating "obsessive" men but Lopez told Access Hollywood that she thinks he was misquoted.

"I know Benny and he's like my best friend, like I said, my creative soulmate," Lopez said. "I know the way he says things and I know he would never say anything that would be hurtful to me in any way.

"So things can be taken out of context and, you know, I've done interviews for a long time."

Lopez pointed out that Medina is the godfather to her children and explained that she is aware interviews can be edited in a certain way, saying: "You have to just know what is going to be misconstrued, let's say."

Lopez, who recently defended her relationship with dancer Casper Smart, added: "I trust [Medina] completely."


Comments