Jennifer Lopez Missing 'American Idol'? 'Not Yet'

Two months after exiting "American Idol," Jennifer Lopez isn't looking in the rear-view mirror.

"Am I missing 'Idol'? Not yet. I miss it in theory right now. It was hard for me to move on, I really loved it. But no, not yet," Lopez tells THR. "I'm on tour and I'm having a great time doing that and I will miss it when I see it on TV and remember all the great moments I had there. But right now ... I got my hands full."

Jennifer Lopez and Her 'Idol' Rejuvenation: An Appreciation

Lopez embarked on her first major world tour alongside Enrique Iglesias this summer after announcing her "Idol" departure following two seasons at the Fox competition's judges' table. The 11th season wrapped up in May, after which judge Steven Tyler also jumped ship, citing allegiance to his band, Aerosmith.

Meanwhile, Lopez left to focus on her music, her acting and other endeavors. She's working behind the scenes, too, as a TV producer, having recently sold a drama pilot, "The Fosters," to ABC Family; she's also partnered with the Hispanic cable channel nuvoTV on new programming including a backstage docu-series on upcoming European leg of her tour.

Back at "Idol," changes are afoot: Iglesias is no longer in the running to become a judge, according to a THR source. The show plans to announce a revamped judge quartet comprised of Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson in time for the audition process, which will launch at the end of this month.

'The Voice' Premieres, Favoring Youth Over the Sentimental


Comments