Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About Divorce, Dating Younger on 'Katie' (Video)

Jennifer Lopez still believes in true love -- and isn't afraid of looking outside her age range to find it.

The three-times married triple-threat opened up about her divorce from Marc Anthony on Friday's Katie.

PHOTOS: Jennifer Lopez, Brooklyn Decker, Chace Crawford Step Out for 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' Premiere

"You never want to break up a family," Lopez told host Katie Couric, in a conversation that also may have also let the identity of the new American Idol judging panel slip. "That wasn't my dream. My dream was for us to always be together. But things don't work out and you feel it's the better choice. If I didn't think it was the better choice I wouldn't have done it."

Lopez says things are still warm with Anthony, with whom she shares two 4-year-old twins, Max and Emme.

"We're friends. We were friends before and we're friends now. Thank god that didn't change," Lopez says.

After pointing out that she's now tried and failed to make marriage work three times, Lopez laughed, saying, "I keep trying! It's OK. It's true. I believe in love. I believe in marriage. I'm just trying to get it right. I'm like everybody else."

STORY: Jennifer Lopez: Not Missing 'American Idol' Yet

As for her 25-year-old boyfriend Casper Smart --who likes to be called Beau and who Lopez calls Bear -- Lopez says, "We just kind of hit it off. It wasn't something I was looking for, trust me. But things happen and they happen naturally."

"I don't feel any ! different than when I first started. I feel very youthful, and very comfortable in my own skin," Lopez says when Smart pointed out the 18-year age difference.

Watch Lopez talk about her personal life in these videos.


Comments