Jennifer Lopez reveals plans for new album

Jennifer Lopez has revealed that she will work on a new studio album this year.

Lopez's most recent album Love? charted high in both the US and the UK in 2011, spawning the hit singles 'On the Floor', 'I'm Into You' and 'Papi'.

Jennifer Lopez arrives at the 55th annual Grammy Awards

PA Images / Jordan Strauss/AP

Jennifer Lopez arrives at the 55th annual Grammy Awards

Speaking to Extra, the singer revealed that she will be splitting time between acting and music.

"At this point in my life, I feel like with everything that I have gone through personally and professionally, I'm at a really good time for acting," Lopez declared.

She then added: "I'm going to make my 10th album this year as well!"

Jennifer Lopez, Oscars 2010

Rex Features / Startraks Photo/Rex Features

Lopez has sold more than 70 million albums worldwide since the release of her debut disc On the 6 in 1999.

Lopez has previously collaborated with high-profile stars including Pitbull, Ricky Martin, Lil Wayne and Nas throughout the years.

Watch Jennifer Lopez and Lil Wayne's 'I'm into You' music video below:


Comments