Jennifer Lopez: 'I'm Supposed to be Flawed. I'm Perfect in my Imperfections'


(Courtesy Glamour) Jennifer Lopez graces the debut cover of Glam Belleza Latina

Jennifer Lopez graces the debut cover of new magazine Glam Belleza Latinawhich was just launched by Glamourand dishes, inside, about her life, love, and her thoughts on beauty in Latina culture. Also in the premiere issue: Natalie Morales, Narciso Rodriguez, Hilaria Thomas Baldwin, Leslie Lopez, Lynda Lopez, and power-couple Isabel and Ruben Toledo.

Check out some choice excerpts from Jennifer Lopez's interview, right here.

On taking her boyfriend Casper Smart on tour: "Trust me, it told me that we get along really well. These are high-pressure situations, and he was in charge of the whole show. We grew through it. We were even better at the end."

On love making you beautiful: "I don't think it's the love of somebody else. It's learning to love yourself, like Whitney Houston sang. That really is the greatest love of all."

On learning to love herself: "We beat ourselves up so bad, [saying] 'I messed up. I made the wrong choice.' I started embracing that do make mistakes. I'm a human being. I'm supposed to be flawed. I'm perfect in my imperfections."

On Latin beauty: "Latin beauty is the rainbow. We have black, we have white, we have caramel. We have blonds, we have blue eyes, we have brown eyes, we have the darkest of the dark skin. Latin beauty is for everybody."

On the importance of girlfriends: "Oh my God, my girlfri! ends are everything to me. They celebrate with you, they cry with you, they hold you when you need to be held. They laugh with you. They're mean with you! They're just always there, and it's just a priceless thing to have."

On being interesting: "People praise me for being physically pretty. You can think, 'That's who I am.' But who you really are is all the messy, complex stuff. That makes you more interesting."

To read more about Jennifer Lopez, make sure to pick up a copy of Glam Belleza Latina's debut issue when it hits newsstands in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami tomorrow, March 5th! In the meantime, check out Glam Belleza Latina's website and Facebook for more info!

Related Articles:


Comments