Jennifer Lopez: I'm not a diva

Jennifer Lopez insists she isn't a diva when it comes to her rider demands.

The singer-and-actress has earned a reputation as a demanding star, but Lopez is adamant she doesn't ask for anything extraordinary backstage, she is just particular about the things she does want.

Singer-actress Jennifer Lopez. Photo from Reuters

She said: "I think people love to look at them (riders) and go, 'Oh my God she wants M&M'S ... she's crazy!' I think everyone has their list of things that make you feel comfortable ... like a certain kind of potato chip or water. I think the crazy ones are made up."

One thing Lopez, who recently left her role as a judge on "American Idol," has no use for on her rider is alcohol, because she hasn't touched booze for years.

The 43-year-old star -- who is currently on tour with Enrique Iglesias -- and her two sisters were taught by their mother Guadalupe that drinking to excess was bad for you and her words have stuck with Lopez for life.

She said: "I'm not a drinker. I think my mom just ingrained in us since we were very small that it was just not a good thing to do so I just never got into it."

Lopez has four-year-old twins, Max and Emme, with her estranged husband Marc Anthony, and although they separated in July 11 she insists they still have a deep love for one another because of their kids.

In an interview on the "The Kyle & Jackie O Show" on Australia radio station 2Day FM, she said: "It has been difficult, just like any divorce, especially when it involves children but at the end of the day we have a lot of love for each other and we obviously love our children more than anything so at the end of the day we have to make it work." -- Bang Showbiz


Comments