Jennifer Lopez: I Went to Modeling School

Stylewatch Style News Now

08/14/2012 at 10:30 AM ET

Jennifer LopezCourtesy InStyle

In the September issue of InStyle, Jennifer Lopez takes questions from fans. And when responding to one inquiry about taking good photographs, she gives a surprising answer.

When I was maybe 15 or 16, I took a class at a modeling agency, she reveals. But mostly I think my ability [to photograph well] is innate. And its funny because I see that my daughter, Emme, has it too that something special. She knows how to play for the camera.

We learn a few more of Lopezs style secrets in the spread: she has a pair of Gucci boyfriend jeans that are full of holes, but shell never throw them out; she only washes her hair every few days to keep it from getting overworked; and she uses moisturizer every morning and every night.

The superstar touches on her love of jewelry, too; recalling her first shiny gift a cross she received for her First Communion she says bling has always been a part of my style. For me, jewelry will always be a big deal. For more with Lopez, pick up the September issue of InStyle, on newsstands Friday, Aug. 17.

Kate Hogan

SHOP THE SEASONS HOTTEST STYLE TRENDS


Comments