Jennifer Lopez, Enrique Iglesias 'still planning' joint summer tour

Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias have spoken about their upcoming joint tour of North America.

On Monday, the pair confirmed that they are hitting the road together this summer, kicking off the tour in July in Canada and then heading back to the US in Newark, New Jersey.

Jennifer Lopez arrives before the 84th Academy Awards

PA Images / Chris Pizzello/AP

Enrique Iglesias

Lopez and Iglesias were interviewed about their joint tour by Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM radio show.

When asked what people can expect from the tour, the American Idol judge revealed that they're "still planning all that".

"We were talking about this yesterday too," Lopez continued. "How I'm rehearsing already and Enrique will rehearse for the two days before! But he's also been on tour like... eight times, and this is my first time.

"I just want my show to be... my fans have waited a long time for me to go on tour, and this is my first big world tour. I'll even continue on after the United States."

The joint tour came about when Iglesias reached out to Lopez "about eight months ago" to do the 'Mouth 2 Mouth' duet.

'It was like, 'I'm going on tour, you're going on tour, maybe we should go on tour together in the States'. And it ju! st kind of happened," Lopez said. "Everybody was really excited about the idea."

Iglesias said that it's worth teaming up with other artists as it's "good for the fans" but recognised the challenges of working on a duet and then a tour together.

Watch Jennifer Lopez's music video for 'Dance' below:


Comments