Jennifer Lopez On Her Decision To Leave American Idol

| Home |

January 16, 2013 04:08 PM by Donna W. Martin

As another season of American Idol gears up to begin, former judge Jennifer Lopez speaks out about her decision to leave the show. So why didnt Lopez return for another season? Keep readi! ng to see what she had to say.

According to People, Lopez talked about her career and the different roads it has taken her down through the years. Your career takes you in all these different directions. You kind of have to follow the flow of things and your gut at the moment. And sometimes its not the road you expected. She explained, When I was doing U Turn and those movies, thats what I thought Id be doing for the rest of my life.

I didnt think, oh, Im going to be making my tenth album this year or Im going to have this amazing music career and have these businesses and have all these things. She continued, Even though I wanted all those things, I thought, Im acting now, this is what Im doing. Im a serious actress and this is all Im going to do.

But just as life always does, it took a turn and didnt work out quite the way she thought it would. Life takes a different turn and its about the music for a while and then I end of doing American Idol for two years and even had the option to do it a third year, she said. But I think to myself, no, Im not going to do that because I want to get back to movies because I miss that its been a while. And doing two movies in between two seasons of American Idol really made me feel like Ive got a lot of other things to do.

And while she liked being part of the show and realized she could sit and do this for another year, she also realized Its not who I am and its not what I was meant to do.

She admitted that making the decision to leave Idol was one of the hardest decisions for her. Everybody thought I was playing with the media, she said, [but] I wasnt. I really had a hard time deciding because I actually really loved doing the show and I loved the people there.

Despite earning millions as an Idol judge, in the end, her heart won out and she decided to part ways with the show. She explained, You cant make decisions based on money sometimes, not when it comes to art. You have to follow your heart. When it comes to matters of how y! ou feel a! s an artist and what you want to accomplish, its not about money. I just made decisions that felt like the thing that was right for me to do.

Will you miss seeing Lopez on season 12 of American Idol? Post a comment and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, Jennifer Lopez |

| Home |

You might also like...

No Comments

Comments


Comments