Jennifer Lopezs housekeeper has a lot of fun with that Versace dress

Columnist

The infamous slashed-to-the-navel Versace dress worn by Jennifer Lopez is enjoying a new lease of life inside the singer's spa.

BY Olivia Bergin | 04 January 2013

Jennifer Lopez at the 42 Annual Grammy Awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Wednesday, 23 February, 2000

Actress and singer Jennifer Lopez has garnered a diva-like reputation along her road to global fame (endless reports of dressing room demands are always doing the rounds) but it appears the star still has both her sense of humour - and normality - intact.

Starring on the new February cover of Harper's Bazaar USA as a Paco Rabanne-clad Grecian goddess, J.Lo reveals how she makes her life "beautiful" even when she's hectically carting her family around on her world tour.

READ: Doing Paris Fashion Week t! he Jennifer Lopez way

"I like the whole idea of traveling, of looking good, and doing it well," she says. "I make it as simple and as beautiful as I can because my life is kind of big. So I pack my luggage, or dress myself, or comb my kids' hair, pick up their clothes-that makes our life beautiful, you know? There's something very elegant in that." If we take Lopez at her word, it seems us civilians lead equally beautiful and elegant lives, too, however the similarities end when Lopez touches on her in-house spa and its contents.

READ: Jennifer Lopez's daughter wears 1,500 of Chanel accessories

Talking of the infamous sheer, jungle-print Versace dress she wore to the Grammy Awards in 2000 - the one slashed to the navel and which even has its own Wikipedia page, she revealed: "I have that at home. The other day, my housekeeper put it on a mannequin in my spa, where I get my hair and makeup done. She sent me a picture. She was like, 'You like this dress?' Um, yeah, but I don't know if I like it out in the house!"

READ: Lady Gaga wears Liz Hurley's Versace safety pin gown

We're not sure said mannequin would have done the racy number justice, but it's nice to know that Lopez actually got to keep the dress, unlike Liz Hurley - whose just-as-famous Versace safety-pin gown was sent back to the brand's HQ and re-purposed by Lady Gaga some 18 years later. And as J.Lo's dancing boyfriend Casper Smart roughly pointed out: "But it's famous! It's the most famous dress you've ever worn."

J.L! o, let us! know if your jovial housekpeeper ever wants a move across the pond, she sounds like she'd brighten up our bathroom (not spa) no end.


Comments