Whats Become of Jennifer Lopezs Infamous Grammys Dress?

Stylewatch Style News Now

01/03/2013 at 09:00 AM ET

Jennifer Lopez Harper's BazaarCourtesy Harpers Bazaar

No one will ever forget the plunging Versace dress Jennifer Lopez wore to the 2000 Grammy Awards. But the star herself still hasnt figured out exactly what to do with the memorable gown.

I have that at home. The other day, my housekeeper put it on a mannequin in my spa, where I get my hair and makeup done, Lopez says in the February issue of Harpers Bazaar. She sent me a pictures. She was like, You like this dress? Um, yeah, but I dont know if I like it out in the house!

Fashion problems aside, Lopez also dishes on her fashion tastes, which she realizes have changed over time. The singer says shes gone from a boyish, hip-hoppy sensibility: big hoops, sneakers, tank tops, and my big curly hair to adding a sexy element to channeling movie stars, Jackie O. And now all of these things mixed together, thats my style.

But behind that well-dressed faade is a mother who realizes she keeps a crazy schedule and works to keep her children as happy and grounded as possible when on the road.

I make [travel] as simple and as beautiful as I can because my life is kind of big, she shares. So I pack my luggage, or dress myself, or comb my kids hair, pick up their clothes that makes our life beautiful, you know? Theres something very elegant in that. For more with Lopez, pick up the February issue of Harpers Bazaar, on newsstands Jan. 8, or visit harpersbazaar.com/jenniferlopez.

Kate Hogan

PHOTOS: TAKE A LOOK BACK AT THE 50 MOST MEMORABLE GRAMMY OUTFITS EVER


Comments